A recent study performed by the Centre for Facilities Research and co-sponsored by the International Sanitary Supply Association (ISSA) found that a lack of cleanliness often becomes such a distraction in the workplace that it decreases learning and productivity that would normally be taking place.
Cleanliness and learning in Higher Education, the name of the study, was conducted by Jefferey Campbell, Ph.D. He is the chair of the facilities management program at Brigham Young University.
There were 1,481 people polled for the study and 88 percent of people reported that concentration, productivity, and learning become hindered when:
- • A visible build-up of dirt and/or floor finish in corners and along walls
- • Base moulding is dull and dingy with streaks or splashes
- • All vertical and horizontal surfaces have conspicuous dust, dirt, marks, smudges and fingerprints
- • Lamp fixtures are dirty and some are burned out
- • Trash receptacles contain old trash and are stained and smell sour
If your office cleaning team lets your building get to this point of dirt and grime, would you be able to get any work done? They say that cleanliness is next to godliness and this study shows findings to support that.
A professional office cleaning crew will help to ensure that your productivity stays high be keeping odour, dust, and dirt at bay.